Building Access

Getting access to University spaces may require a U Card and/or a physical key. Current faculty, staff, and students will need their U Card to enter a building during University Hours. Visit UMN Public Safety's Security Data and Access Department for more information about building hours. 
As defined by the Facility Roles Program, Department Facility Representatives (DFRs) have the authority to grant access to departmental space for their department or college.
With regard to building access and security, Facilities Management provides the services linked below. 


After-Hours Facility Use

Facility Roles Program

Alarms & Security Systems