Who can request keys?
- Faculty, Principal Investigators, and their delegated approvers who have assigned space in an RFSS building
- Directors, managers and supervisors of facilities and educational areas with in an RFSS building
- NOTE: To delegate someone from your group, please send an email to your building's contact. Please include the person's name, email address, and phone number.
Please allow up to 72 hours (1-3 business days) for the request to be processed.
When keys are ready, you will receive email notification from the information desk of your building. Once you have received this email, please go to your Building's Information Desk to complete the check out process.
Lost or stolen keys
- Immediately report lost or stolen keys to RFSS and the Police and the Department of Public Safety.
- Lost and unreturned keys will be assessed back to the department EFS along with:
- Costs for a re-core: if deemed necessary for security purposes all associated fees will be assessed back to department.
Please note that only Research Facility Support Services staff can request NHH, Jackson, MCB, MCRB (FL 4-7), Moos Tower (Cancer center space on FL1 and 2, as well as GCD space on FL 5), 717 Delaware, LRB/MTRF, WMBB, CCRB, MRF and MIDB keys from Locksmith Services.
Returning keys during departure or moving out of an RFSS Facility:
- Please return all keys to one of our 7 RFSS information desks.
- Keys may be returned from other buildings. Keys from other buildings will be returned to the Department Facilities Rep or Locksmith Services.
- Please be sure to sign your Key Return Form releasing responsibility of the key assignment back to RFSS Staff.