RFSS Research Building Access

All Research Facilty Support Services buildings are access controlled with card readers. People with approved access are able to use their U Card to gain access to the building. People without access need to check in at the information desk for assitance with entrance to the buildings

Prior to being granted building access, the following need to be completed:

  1. Employee/Student Access form: Completed by the individual needing building access. They will need their U Card to complete this step.
  2. Required training: All training must be complete to gain access to RFSS buildings.
  3. Supervisor Approval form: To be completed by Faculty or Principal Investigator (PI), lab manager, program director, Department Administrator, or a designated approver.

Update your information: 

  1. Update your information form is used by individuals who wish to: 
    1. Notify RFSS  that you are transfering locations and/or need to switch access to a new building.
    2. Notify RFSS that you need access to an additional location. 
    3. Update your Faculty Supervisor or Advisor information.
    4. Change or Update your information including: 
      1. Updating office or lab location information
      2. update or change your cell phone information
      3. Notify RFSS that you have Lost or Replaced your U Card.

Important Notes:

  • People whose primary workplace is in another (non-RFSS) building must have a PI, director, or manager within an RFSS building submit the Access Approval Form for them.
  • Only PIs, managers, or directors with assigned space within the specified RFSS building can submit the Access Approval Form.
  • If you do not have the UCard information on hand for the individual requiring card access, please enter "N/A" into the form field for U Card and/or Smart Card numbers on the Supervisor Approval Form. RFSS staff will clarify and verify their U Card/smart card #'s through one of our information desks.

Principal Investigators, managers, and/or directors of facilities within RFSS buildings may designate a person on your staff to act on your behalf by sending an email delegating this authority to your research facility coordinator.

Access to Research Animal Resources (RAR) space

Access into RAR space is requested through and handled by RAR. Visit the RAR website for more information.

Vendor Access

Vendors may obtain a vendor access U card at a cost of $30/card, with approval of customers residing in an RFSS building. For more information, please contact the NHH Building Coordinator.

Removing access for an individual

If you wish to removal access immediately please call your research facility coordinator.

If someone in your group no longer requires access to the building(s), please send an email to your building's Facility Coordinator as soon as possible. We will deactivate their U Card. If the person has keys for your facility, please ensure they return their keys to the building's information desk prior to departure from the U.