The U of M recycling program has been nationally recognized for its outstanding efforts in recycling implementation. Throughout the U over 3,800 tons of recyclable materials are processed annually; this is equivalent to 41% of municipal solid waste generated by everyone on campus!
There are over 20,000 color-coded recycling office paper, newspaper, cans & bottles, and trash containers to make recycling convenient across campus.
Our services include:
- Waste Collection and Disposal
- Recycling Collection and Processing
- Confidential Document Collection
- ReUse Warehouse Redistribution and Sales
- Debris Collection, Processing and Disposal
- Office and Building Cleanouts for Recyclables
- Pallet Collection
- Infectious Waste Collection
- Brown Goods (computers and other electronics)
If you have questions about how to recycle specific materials, view the Recycling Self-Help Guide.