Project management has many methodologies, tools, templates, and resources. The Business Systems & Stratregies Team (BSST) department can help with running projects, mentoring new project managers, guidance, and best practices. Our project managers can help to save money by enabling better resource management, reducing project failures and support projects that offer big payback.
They do this by:
- Governance: ensuring that decisions are made by the right people, based on the right information.
- Transparency: providing information with a single source of the truth. Information should be relevant and accurate to support effective decision-making.
- Reusability: stopping project teams from reinventing the wheel by being a central point for lessons learned, templates and best practice.
- Delivery support: making it easy for project teams to do their jobs by reducing bureaucracy, providing training, mentoring, and quality assurance.
- Traceability: providing the function for managing documentation, project history and organizational knowledge.
For some of the resources and processes we (and FM use) see the project governance page.