Work with Us
Over 1200 employees comprise Facilities Management in diverse positions. We are mechanics, trades, custodians, engineers, administration, and students coming together to make the University of Minnesota work in support of teaching, research and outreach.
NOTE: (3/13/2020) Please click on the number and enter the job number into the job search box after clicking on the link
Student Employment Opportunities
Facilities Management is a great place to get started in the workforce. With more than 15 different types of student job offerings, we will help set you on the path to furthering your career choice.
Custodian: Enjoy cleaning, tidying up, keeping things organized, working independently, and having a flexible schedule? FM is looking for students to become a new member in their custodial program. Depending on the location, you can work as little as 12 hours up to 29 hours a week during the school year. Over the summer, you can switch from part-time to full-time and work up to 40 hours a week! Tasks may include general cleaning of classrooms, common areas, restrooms, labs, and offices. You will be helping us provide healthy, clean, safe facilities for our students, staff and visitors! Current openings:
- 335394 - Student: North Campus Cleaner $10/hr (work study welcome)
- 335392 - Student: West Bank Cleaner $10/hr (work study welcome)
- 335393 - Student: East Bank Cleaner $10/hr (work study welcome)
- 335391 - Student: St. Paul Cleaner $10/hr (work study welcome)
- 335097 - Student: Health Sciences Cleaner $10/hr (work study welcome)
Landcare: Enjoy planting flowers, gardening, and being outside with no work desk in sight, or having a job that involves caring for the environment? FM has jobs that involve all the above from recycling coordinators to student laborers. Work with FM all while enjoying the breath of fresh air. Work as little as 12 hours a week Monday-Friday, with full time positions over the summer. Tasks include flower planting, weeding, mowing, watering, weed whipping, picking up litter, sweeping walks, mulching shrub beds, tree care, and landscaping. Work is performed outside, year round, in prevailing weather. Current openings:
Student Administration: Enjoy being indoors and gaining experience in an office space while working to improve your skills in communications and customer service? FM continuously looks for students to fill student administrative positions. Have a flexible schedule to accommodate your school schedule, all while having the opportunity to work up to 29 hours during the school year, and up to 40 hours a week during the summer. Tasks may include front desk coverage, scheduling transactions, helping set up events, special projects, and much more! Current openings:
- 335569 - Student Admin Asst - UConstruction
- 335568 - ReUse Student Receiving and Customer Service Specialist
- 335269 - Student Admin Asst - North Campus
- 335965 - Student Admin/Engineering Assistant
- 335966 - Student Civil Engineering Assistant
- 335815 - Student Controls/Computer Engineering
- 335964 - Student Engineering Assistant: Facilities
- 335970 - Student Engineering Asst- Mechanical Engineering
- 335963 - Student Engineering Asst: Electrical
Facilities Management has jobs to fit almost any skills, passions and talents to help you gain hands on experiences that can be added to your resume. No matter where you live on campus, facilities management has a district near you to make going to work as convenient as possible. Choose to work in one of our 8 districts throughout campus, located in East Bank, West Bank, and the St. Paul campus.